License and/or Certification Requirements:
Brook Army Medical Center (BAMC) requires a Physician Assistant to possess certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
The Physician Assistant must be either Emergency Medicine trained or possess a minimum of three (3) years, but not less than 2,000 hours, at a Level I trauma center experience.
- Shall provide an up to date Curriculum Vitae along with references.
- Shall possess and maintain a valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands and be able to obtain clinical privileges to practice medicine with the applicable MTF Credentials Committee.
- Shall possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). The HCP is responsible for maintaining this certification in a current status at all times while performing services under this contract.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other HCPs.
- Shall be able to type and have had experience using computers. The contract HCP is not required to type a certain amount of words per minute.
- Shall be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements. The government will not reimburse for these costs.
- Shall have received Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required
training for the position in which they will perform, and that training currency is maintained. Documentation of such training must be provided.