Certified Athletic Trainer
services for the Training and Education Command (TECOM) in support or the U.S. Marine Corps Operational Forces. TECOM requires on-site Certified Athletic Trainer to execute state-of-the-art, professional services in human performance. Human performance includes integrated, performance-based strength and conditioning programs, rehabilitative and pre-habilitative programs that will accelerate the return to duty of those encumbered by performance related injuries.
Athletic Trainer Qualifications
- Possess maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation); or equivalent. Training shall be the responsibility of the contractor and is at no cost to the government.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Competent in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English to perform the work.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Athletic Training or similar degree.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience and must possess experience of at least 12 months within the preceding 36 months as a Certified Athletic Trainer with collegiate athletes, professional/Olympic athletes, or military personnel.
- Possess demonstrated strength and conditioning experience.
- Possess and maintain National Athletic Trainer Association Board of Certification.
- Possess and maintain the ability to assist with Strength and Conditioning testing and training protocols,
- Able to lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms/45 Lbs.
- Possess and maintain a level of fitness sufficient to participate in various Marine Corps physical training activities (obstacle courses, calisthenics, etc.) and the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe Marine training evolutions. The level of participation in these activities will be sufficient enough to gain a clear appreciation in order to identify possible causal injury factors in Marine training. It is recommended that the candidate conduct a site visit prior to acceptance of the position at no additional cost to the government. This site visit SHALL NOT be an interview.
- Knowledgeable of the following equipment: Biodex Isokinetic elevation and stimulation, ski machines, stair machines, treadmill exercisers, gravitron, free weights and universal machines, Biomechanical Ankle Platform System (BAPS) board, aquatic therapeutic devices and instruction in therapeutic, corrective and rehabilitative exercises using specific equipment and strength training devices.
- Possess and maintain a valid government Secret security clearance.