Administrative support in the Referral Management Center for customer service, referral tracking, referral appointing, and reporting activities. This position will support the daily functions of specialty care referral appointing, referral review and coordination, beneficiary counseling and referral tracking at the MTF.
- Mandatory knowledge and skills.
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Education. High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired.
- Experience. At least 6 months of experience in medical office setting.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements. The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some physical demands. Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending.
- UNIQUE MILITARY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS/PROCEDURES:
- The Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and the newest version, Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), or other MTF ICD-B programs must be utilized for referral management services. Access will be granted by local MTF connectivity and the contractor shall comply with MHS communications and Government IT security standards and policies. The military facility will provide system accounts for MASS personnel after required training and security procedures have been completed by the contractor. If the Military Health Service processes moves away from specified systems, the government will modify the task order accordingly.