Administrative support in the Referral Management Center for customer service, referral tracking, referral appointing, and reporting activities. This position will support the daily functions of specialty care referral appointing, referral review and coordination, beneficiary counseling and referral tracking at the MTF.
- Shall read, understand, speak, and write English fluently.
- Preferred two (2) years of healthcare administrative experience in either an inpatient or outpatient care setting within the last three (3) years.
- Mandatory knowledge and skills.
- A fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Education. High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Completion of an Administrative Assistant program is desired.
- Experience. At least 6 months of experience in medical office setting.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements. The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some physical demands. Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending.