Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Individual will be responsible for managing the verification process for all healthcare professionals (physicians, dentists, nursing, allied health). This includes reviewing applications for completion, verification of state licensure, collecting information contained in the national physician data bank, collecting information from the Health Care Integrity and Protection Databank, collection of information from State Licensing activities well as their State Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals.
Job duties will specifically also include:
· Providing direct supervision to the support staff in administering all aspects of processing applications.
· Implementing ARNG-CSG policies and standards to ensure that credentialing operations are in compliance.
· Working with applicants and ARNG-CSG staff to support and enhance credentialing functions.
· Completing verifications and ensuring that the organization and staff are in accordance with ARNG-CSG directives and industry trends and standard credentialing procedures.
· Compiling all documents and building credential review files for review by the Centralized Credentials Privileging Board and documenting results.
· Generating and mailing notification letters of credentialing results to applicants and/or responding to questions from applicants regarding status of credentialing.
· Entering data in the CCQAS as directed.
· Bachelor's Degree in a Healthcare, Quality Assurance, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
· 5 years of experience with medical credentialing.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Organization skills and ability to be detail-oriented and accurate in work produced.
· Skills with MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint.
· US Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully obtain a favorable National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or Interim Secret clearance.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Experience in the DOD credentials process.
· Experience with CCQAS.
· Leadership experience/ability/aptitude.
· Certification from National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS).